Request for Comment - Governance Improvement Grants

Question ofcourse is; what is keeping from starting something similar?
Not sure if we would need 3/4 calls per week though.

I have experience in project management where I can support, shall we just get it going and see where we end up with “spearheading proposals, recommendations, & discussions”?

1 Like

Can be done for sure - this is how we work at Arbitrum where we have working group calls, separate tasks etc. However, you get paid for work effectively done. I doubt anyone would want to spend circa 10-20 hours per week working on proposals in an uncompensated manner.

Do you think we need 10-20 hours from the getgo?

Regarding the unpaid; I guess that is a chicken-egg story. Do you want funding for something which has not started yet? Or do you want to start something without funding? I know the first is the common approach in the Cosmos ecosystem (and maybe beyond), but sometimes people also have to take a small “risk”. I’ve done nothing else for all chains where I validate. Spend a lot of time on governance without knowing it would ever pay off.

For me the first steps would simply find a couple of motivated people, explore the possibilities for cooperation and make a draft proposal what we would like to achieve first. And go from there.
Or do you have a different opinion?