1. Entity name and location
Forbole Technology Limited, Hong Kong
2. Infrastructure location
England, Hong Kong, and across Europe and US
3. What kind of hardware do you run? Baremetal, cloud-based…? In what geographic regions?
We run both baremetal and cloud-based providers across Asia, Europe and US.
4. Technical make-up of team (elaborate on no. of dev ops engineers, experience, etc.)
Our validator team consists of 6 highly experienced dev ops engineers with unique different set of skillsets. We bring extensive knowledge and experience in Cosmos.
5. Years of experience
We were founded in 2017 and have been validating on Cosmos Hub since the very beginning.
6. What other networks are you running validators for?
We are currently running validators for over 60 networks and bridges such as Axelar, Cosmos Hub, Solana, Sui, and Wormhole. More info can be found here: Forbole Validator Website
7. Based on your participation in any previous testnets, mainnets, are there any best practices to be aware of? What are some things that made previous testnets, mainnet launches successful and/or things to avoid that have gone poorly?
Frequent communication and time management is super important. Making sure all validators are on top of the announcements and understanding instructions clearly, not pushing upgrades on Friday and over the weekends, do proper testing and not rushing tasks are other important points to consider for a successful testnet/mainnet.
8. Do you have a validator voting framework and process?
As a validator, we put our governance participation in high priority, to show support on our validating networks. We try our best to perform actively in all governance proposals.
For every governance decision, we would make a balance at a wider perspective, taking into account what is the best for the respective chain. Besides, we are also a representative of our stakers’ votes, thus we share some of the major governance proposals participation and the reasons on our twitter page.
9. Are you planning to play any additional roles in the dYdX ecosystem (e.g. market maker, trader, indexer, front-end, other)?
Apart from being a validator, we are planning to bring Big Dipper to dYdX. Big Dipper is a very popular open-source block explorer which has been forked over 700 times. We can also host alternative front end for dYdX as well.
10. Are there other products or services you want to highlight that could be relevant for dYdX?
Besides Big Dipper, we can also provide API, RPC, relayers snapshots serivce etc.
11. Any notable contributions in other ecosystems that you would like to highlight for the community?
We are one of the founding members of Cosmos Hong Kong accelerator. We can help cohost events and meetups to bring more attentions and knowledge to local community members.