Entity name and location
0base.vc, Seoul South Korea
Oregon US, Tokyo Japan, Helsinki Finland
What kind of hardware do you run? Baremetal, cloud-based…? In what geographic regions?
Kubernetes on Cloud(US, Japan, Finland)
Technical make-up of team (elaborate on no. of dev ops engineers, experience, etc.)
One DevOps egnineer who has been a cryptocurrency exchange CTO since 2013.
Years of experience
What other networks are you running validators for?
We operate 28 mainnets, including Cosmos, Cosmos SDK-based appchains, Mina, Solana, and Oasis protocols. For more information, please visit https://0base.vc/.
Based on your participation in any previous testnets, mainnets, are there any best practices to be aware of? What are some things that made previous testnets, mainnet launches successful and/or things to avoid that have gone poorly?
We believe that a private testnet is essential before an open testnet. Each situation has different data that the chain needs to obtain. In an open testnet, we’ll find more network issues that you haven’t seen before. Testnet with 200+ validators was hell.
Do you have a validator voting framework and process?
0base.vc have a governance team who focuses solely on governance, and we work together.
- The governance bot collects proposals from all chains being validated by 0base.vc in Trello.
- The governance team reviews the newly created proposals and comes up with a voting opinion based on the current situation, past history, and public input.
- The 0base.vc key manager votes with the account delegated to authz.
- The governance bot collects the results of the closed proposals and updates Trello.
- The results are categorized into Pass and Reject and saved for future history.
Are you planning to play any additional roles in the dYdX ecosystem (e.g. market maker, trader, indexer, front-end, other)?
No, not yet.
Are there other products or services you want to highlight that could be relevant for dYdX?
We’re building some useful tools for Cosmos SDK-based chain validators to use, which can also be used for dydx chains. 0base.vc · GitHub
Any notable contributions in other ecosystems that you would like to highlight for the community?
0base.vc has been reported on multiple socials as the #1 validator for governance engagement.