1. Entity name and location
danku_zone w/ DAIC is joint venture between DAIC GmbH and the german content creator danku_r. All hardware/nodes/validators are operated by DAIC GmbH. DAIC GmbH is a registered company in Austria, which provides infrastructure services, runs validators and invests in crypto related projects.
You can find our validator on mintscan.
2. Infrastructure location
All our infrastructure is in datacenters in and around Vienna, Austria.
3. What kind of hardware do you run? Baremetal, cloud-based…? In what geographic regions?
We run everything on bare metal servers in Austria.
4. Technical make-up of team (elaborate on no. of dev ops engineers, experience, etc.)
5. Years of experience
Private nodes/mining operations: 8 years
Infrastructure and Validator Operations within DAIC: 2.5 years
6. What other networks are you running validators for?
DAIC is operating validators on more than 35 mainnets and testnets ranging from CosmosSDK, EVM, Substrate chains to new-generation networks like Sui.
7. Based on your participation in any previous testnets, mainnets, are there any best practices to be aware of? What are some things that made previous testnets, mainnet launches successful and/or things to avoid that have gone poorly?
- open and direct communication channel between team and validator
- clearly defined validator relationship person on side of the team
- validator stand-up calls on a regular basis
(weekly during testnet, monthly after mainnet went live)
- open and transparent sharing of configurations and troubleshooting material with and among validators
- aggregation of validator metrics in centralized dashboard for easy monitoring and for keeping validators accountable
- set up of emergency dApps (PagerDuty, etc) and procedures
8. Do you have a validator voting framework and process?
- DAIC uses open source telemetry software (prometheus, grafana) if possible
- DAIC has developed custom monitoring programs and dashboards to keep close track of ongoing governance votes and notifies all members if DAIC hasn’t voted within the last 48 hours of the voting window
- Based on complexity of the proposals DAIC utilizes a network of experts in various segments (legal, regulation, economics, social science,…) which can be consulted for expert knowledge
- Final voting by a democratic majority vote within the team
9. Are you planning to play any additional roles in the dYdX ecosystem (e.g. market maker, trader, indexer, front-end, other)?
DAIC has already developed a custom indexer + consumer facing API for dYdX
mainnet. Release to the public is planned but no data set yet.
Furthermore we plan to build some dashboards arround that data.
10. Are there other products or services you want to highlight that could be relevant for dYdX?
We are offering our node-as-a-service for DYDX
11. Any notable contributions in other ecosystems that you would like to highlight for the community?
Providing node-as-a-service for several cosmos chains. Building different dashboards for the community. Creating a lot of educational content by danku_r.