Hello, dYdX community,
This is Kirill, founder of QuantNode - a budding validation company that provides expert-level technical, infrastructure, and investment support for the most promising decentralized networks.
As a validator partner, we are eager to assist the dYdX team in testing and securing the upcoming V4.
- Entity name and location
QuantNode is a global team of professionals based in Indonesia, Türkiye and Portugal (Entity is PT Global Internet Technology | Indonesia)
- Infrastructure location
Our node servers are globally distributed across different cloud providers (Vultr, Digital Ocean, OVH, Latitude) in multiple regions including, but not limited to France, Germany, UK, US, Canada, Singapore, Brazil, etc.
- What kind of hardware do you run? Baremetal, cloud-based…? In what geographic regions?
We use both baremetal and cloud-based providers across Asia, Europe and North America. For some of our portfolio projects, we have run servers located in less common areas, such as Latin America and Africa, for geographical network diversification.
- Technical make-up of team (elaborate on no. of dev ops engineers, experience, etc.)
QuantNode is a highly skilled team of 6 blockchain technology experts who are passionate about their work and possess vast experience in the field.
• Founder & CEO with VC background in the second-biggest satellite company in Europe, in crypto space professionally since 2015
• DevOps Lead Engineer with over twelve years of experience in infra maintenance for Enterprise web and email services, multimedia streaming with decoding/encoding
• Head of BD with >10 years of experience in ad tech
- Years of experience
We are experienced in the crypto industry for over six years and have successfully managed blockchain validators and RPC nodes since 2021.
- What other networks are you running validators for?
Launched at the end of 2021, QuantNode was initially focused on building a reliable infrastructure and implementing the best validation practices. We have since grown to 8 mainnet networks: Agoric, Aptos, Axelar, Graph Network, NYM, Persistence, Sui, and Umee, with total assets under delegation of more than $40m. In addition, we have been actively participating in testnets across different ecosystems, and have gained vast experience in integrating various technologies.
- Based on your participation in any previous testnets, mainnets, are there any best practices to be aware of? What are some things that made previous testnets, mainnet launches successful and/or things to avoid that have gone poorly?
Establishing a trusted community of expert validators who possess in-depth knowledge of all technical aspects of network maintenance is crucial for successfully launching any new PoS network. Frequent and clear communication and efficient time management are key factors in achieving this goal. Furthermore, it is essential to support validators who are not only willing to run the node passively, but also contribute to the ecosystem’s growth.
- Do you have a validator voting framework and process?
We actively participate in on-chain governance and engage with the community on forums. We also make our on-chain votes public for transparency. We also plan to create our own Governance Constitution in the future to ensure complete transparency in our decision-making process.
- Are you planning to play any additional roles in the dYdX ecosystem (e.g. market maker, trader, indexer, front-end, other)?
Apart from being a validator, we are expanding our services by launching an in-house development arm to assist our portfolio projects in providing better information transparency, user-friendliness, and effective governance to attract investors, users, and developers. Our first project is an information portal about liquid staking in the Cosmos ecosystem, which will collect all on-chain data about liquid staking protocols and offer comprehensive analysis for end-users. Currently, we have integrated Stride, the market-leading liquid staking appchain by IBC, in the first version. You can access the current version at https://liquidstaking.zone. If you have any information related to liquid staking, we would be happy to integrate dYdX on-chain data in our current side product. Additionally, we are prepared to create a similar information product for the dYdX Ecosystem.
- Are there other products or services you want to highlight that could be relevant for dYdX?
In addition to our development services, we also offer public goods such as RPC, API, and gRPC, as well as relayer services throughout the IBC ecosystem. Furthermore, we work closely with various projects in our supported ecosystems, assisting in maintaining private node infrastructure for developing and testing their solutions. By doing so, we enable these teams to focus solely on improving and expanding their products without building their infrastructure from scratch. Some of the projects we have worked with include DOM Money in the Axelar Ecosystem (winner of the Axelerator Grant Challenge) and AptoStrike game in the Aptos Ecosystem. We are open to collaborating with teams interested in building on the top of the dYdX blockchain.