Hello, dYdX community! My name is Slav. I’m the CEO of Pro-Nodes75 validator.
We are happy to join the dYdX community. We will do our best to help dYdX chain to prosper.
Entity name and location:
We are Pro-Nodes75 Validator. Part of our team located in Central Europe, while another - in mid Asia.
Our servers located in , , , , , .
What kind of hardware do you run? Baremetal, cloud-based…? In what geographic regions?
We use only dedicated servers, provided by enterprise-grade cloud providers. Besides that, we use few baremetal servers in DC in mid Asia.
Technical make-up of team (elaborate on no. of dev ops engineers, experience, etc.)
• 2 DevOps Engineers (5+ years of experience). One has PhD in Radio Engineering.
• 1 Backend developer (10+ years of experience in C++, Phyton, Go).
Years of experience:
We’ve been part of the Crypto community since 2017. And we have almost 3 year of experience in validating business. During our operation period we have got not a single slashing event in mainnets.
What other networks are you running validators for?
We are running mainnet validators for many PoS blockchains. Such as: Chain4Energy, Composable, Evmos, Forta, Gravity Bridge, Kyve, Konstellation, Mina, Pylons, Solana, Terra, Umee, Uptick.
Overall, we have approximately $3.5M in AUM.
Besides current Mainnets we participated more than 60 different testnets. And currently running more then 15 testnets. Multiple times we were in top 50 in different Incentivized Testnets.
For “fast” blockchains (like Evmos or Defund) we use PebbleDB which helps us to maintain higher uptime.
Based on your participation in any previous testnets, mainnets, are there any best practices to be aware of? What are some things that made previous testnets, mainnet launches successful and/or things to avoid that have gone poorly?
- Project’ Team ↔ validators communication. Validators are not only key pillars of blockchain sustainability, but also - investors. We dedicate our resources (time and money) to the Project. It is highly important for us to understand what key persons of the Project are aiming for. what is the Plan. Best practice (in our opinion) is monthly Validators’ call with the Team (round table).
- Upgrade/ emergency upgrade. The best practice is to Make an announcements/ reminders about chain’ upgrade for a 24h before the event. Due to different time zones. Best time for planning the upgrades is 16-19 UTC. Almost all validators are reachable independent of their timezone it this time.
- Alerts, Alerts, Alerts. We have 2 different sources of alerts for our nodes.
- Try to exclude validator from voting, if it get direct benefit from passing the proposal.
- use AuthZ module for validator’ keys
- Voting power decentralization. Not a single validator should not has more than 3-4% of VP. It is not good for the chain (especially on upgrades) and governance.
Do you have a validator voting framework and process?
Yes, we have. Before making a decision on any proposal we:
- Read relevant discussions at CW or in discord.
- Have a discussion among team members.
- Discuss proposal within our validator’ community. And trying to understand - is the Proposal good for The chain and for the community, or it’s goals are to get benefits for small group of interests.
- Post a feedback at forum, if our questions and concerns haven’t been discussed.
- Attend AMA/ Governance meeting with the Project’ team and gove topic’ proposer.
- Put the voting onchain.
We prefer not to vote “abstain”. Because in our opinion “abstain” option should be used only in case of conflict interests.
Are you planning to play any additional roles in the dYdX ecosystem (e.g. market maker, trader, indexer, front-end, other)?
We are interested in Derivative Trading. Besides we are developing margin liquidation bots.
Are there other products or services you want to highlight that could be relevant for dYdX? Any notable contributions in other ecosystems that you would like to highlight for the community?
We providing IBC relaying service for our mainnets. We supporting testnets for each chain we validating in.
Besides, we are providing RPC/API endpoints and seed nodes.
We helping to update project’ docs at github, if such a necessity is actual (outdated ibc information/ manuals/ links).
We actively participating in governance. Our overall voting rate in mainnets is more then 95%.
For some projects we provide a public monitoring-dashboards, like for Umee (for Price-feeder monitoring).
We supporting Cosmos ↔ Eth Bridging for Gravity Bridge.
Supporting Restake.app for our stakers.
We would be glad to provide all our services and skills in favor of dYdX prosperity.